Thursday, Feb. 8
Bingo will be held at 7 p.m. at St. Ann's Parish. Proceeds will go to the St. James Auxiliary Club. Money raised will be going to scholarships for medical background students. There will be 12 regular games of bingo and three special games. The evening includes prizes, cash prizes, and 50/50 tickets. Snacks, water, and pop will be available.
LEARN TO SKATE
A free learn-to-skate program starts at 6 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through Feb. 22 at the U.S. High Altitude Skating Center oval. Come learn the basics of skating. Skates will be available. Details: Tina at 406-490-5764, Dave at 406-723-4839, or Facebook at Butte High altitude skating center.
Colleen Elliott will talk about "Tripping on the Geology Underfoot," at 4 p.m. in the Natural Resources Building, Room 128 on the Montana Tech campus. The event is free.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Butte Convention and Visitors Bureau will be meeting at noon at the Butte Chamber of Commerce Building 1000 George Street. Comments, questions and additional information can be obtained by contacting Maria Pochervina at email@example.com or calling 406-723-3177.
- Belmont Senior Center will sponsor an AARP Smart Driver course to refresh driving skills from 9:45 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at 615 E. Mercury St. Participants are eligible for an auto insurance discount. Reservations 406-723-7773.
- Chapter X of PEO meets at 11:30 a.m. at Big Sky Senior Living.
- Rotary Club of Butte meets at noon at the Butte Country Club.
- Montana Independent Living Project hosts a group for women with disabilities from 2 to 3:30 p.m. at 3475 Monroe Ave., suite 103. Come for sharing, support, and a sense of community.
- A suicide loss support group meets from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in the Butte Public Library, 226 W. Broadway St. Call before attending for the first time. Details: Beth at 406-490-1279 or Mary Alice at 406-533-9899.
- Are you a square peg wanting to fit in a round hole? If so, come join the Big Butte Mile High Cribbage Club at East Side Athletic Club, playing at 6:30 p.m. Details: Phil at 406-494-2618.
- The Anaconda Disabled American Veterans Memorial Chapter #13 will hold its monthly meeting at 7 p.m. at the Anaconda American Legion Post 21, corner of Cedar and Third. Social begins at 6 p.m. All vets are welcome. Details: 406-980-0340.