Wednesday, May 16
The Big Hole Watershed Committee will have a public meeting at 7 p.m. at the Divide Grange. The topic will be "Invasive Weeds in the Big Hole River Watershed" and will be presented by representatives from the Big Hole's four counties as well as federal and state government and private contractors.
CAR SEAT CLINIC
A children’s car seat clinic will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Uptown Fire Station, Montana and Galena.
"Get in Shape" for the hiking season begins today and continues on Wednesday evenings in Thompson Park. Participants will meet at 6 p.m. at the Sagebrush Flats parking lot. Explore the trails in Thompson Park and meet others who regularly enjoy these local trails. Hikes will be organized for all levels and will last 45 minutes to two hours. Trail hosts are from the Butte-Silver Bow hiking meetup group. Membership is not required. You can reach Sagebrush Flats by traveling on Route 2 from Butte and turning right at the first entrance to Thompson Park. Follow the park road, keeping to the right until you reach Sagebrush Flats.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Al-Anon meetings: 7:30 p.m. Mondays, Congregational Church; 7 p.m. first Tuesdays, business meeting, Comfort Inn; 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Gold Hill Lutheran Church; 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Sharing and Caring, 2100 Farragut (rear entrance).
- Kiwanis Club of Butte meets at Perkins at noon for lunch and a brief meeting on club projects followed by a speaker to discuss local topics.
- Butte Sunrise Kiwanis Club meets at 7 a.m. at Perkins. Guest speaker will be George Everett from MainStreet Uptown Butte. He will give some updates on the farmers market, Folk Festival, and other upcoming events.
- The National Association of Retired Federal Employees will meet at 11 a.m. at Perkins.
- Butte Central class of 1968 meets at 10 a.m. at Perkins.
- American Legion Post #1 and the auxiliary will have a dinner at the Legion Hall on Motor View Drive. The hall opens at 6 p.m., dinner will be served at 6:30 p.m. The menu includes spare ribs with sauerkraut, potatoes and carrots, salads, and desserts. The cost will be $6. The public is welcome.
- The classes of Butte Central and Butte High of 1952 will have a luncheon at noon at Big Sky Senior Living. Details: Georgia at 406-782-5772 or June at 406-723-6780.
- Diabetes Support Group meets at noon at Metals Sports Bar and Grill, 8 W. Park St. This week's topic is "Moving More to Help Diabetes Control." The group is free and open to the public. Details: Ida at St. James Healthcare at 406-723-2960.
- The Warped Weavers meet 6 to 8 p.m. at the Butte-Silver Bow Public Library, third floor, 226 W. Broadway St. Curious about weaving? Come watch, ask questions; there may be a loom for you to try. Details: 406-782-5784.
- Overeaters Anonymous meets at 6:15 p.m. at Gold Hill Lutheran Church, 934 Placer St. Details: 406-533-5454.
- Women's AA meetings are at 6:30 p.m. at The Springs, 300 Mount Highland Drive.
- Bingo is held at the Elks Lodge, Montana and Galena, at 7 p.m. All are welcome. The more people in attendance, the larger the payout. Details: 406-299-2443 or 406-490-3329.
- A diabetes workshop takes place Thursdays through May 24 at St. James Healthcare. Class time is 9 to 11 a.m., and participants will learn all about diabetes management. There is a cost for the workshop, and insurance will be billed. Details: Ida at 406-723-2960.
- Anaconda Sportsmen's Club will meet at 7 p.m. at the AOH Hall. FWP Biologist Jim Olsen will be attending to discuss the French Creek Fish Barrier Project. Also, summer activities will be planned.
- Kiwanis Club of Dillon meets at noon at the Beaverhead Brewery, 218 S. Montana St., in downtown Dillon. Dylan Zitzer, Montana Western cross country coach, will be the featured speaker. He will discuss the success of the first Beaverhead Marathon.