Wednesday, Nov. 15
The Big Hole Watershed Committee has its monthly meeting at 6 p.m. at the Divide Grange. Tony Thatcher, DTM Consulting Inc., and Karin Boyd, Applied Geomorphology Inc., will present results of a recent update to the Big Hole River channel migration zone maps. The presentation will include information regarding how the maps were made and how they can be used.
CAR SEAT CLINIC
A children's car seat clinic is from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Uptown Fire Station, Montana and Galena. Car seats will be checked for correct installation, making sure the seat matches your child's weight and age, recall information, and more. Details: Mary Jo Stosich at the Butte-Silver Bow Health Department, 406-497-5016.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Butte Sunrise Kiwanis Club meets at 7 a.m. at Perkins Restaurant. Guest speaker Guy Perkins will talk about the "Cream of the Crop Automotive Technician Apprentice Program" through Highlands College.
- National Association of Retired Federal Employees will meet at 11 a.m. at Perkins.
- Butte Kiwanis Club meets at noon at Perkins, 2900 Harrison Ave., with guest speaker Sonya Rosenthal.
- The Diabetes Lunch and Learn will meet at noon at Metal’s Bank. This is a free event. For questions, call Ida at 406-723-2960.
- Butte CVB will meet at noon at the Butte Chamber of Commerce building, 1000 George St. Any questions and comments can be forwarded to Maria Pochervina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Butte High and Butte Central classes of 1952 will have a luncheon at noon at the Three Amigos. Call Georgia at 406-782-5772 or June at 406-723-6780.
- Montana Independent Living Project is hosting a group for women with disabilities. This group meets at 2 p.m. every Wednesday at 3475 Monroe Ave., suite 103. Women who have a disability are invited to come for sharing, support, and a sense of community with other like-minded women. This is an open, safe, accepting, and nonjudgmental group where all are honored and heard.
- American Legion Post #1 and Auxiliary will have their monthly dinner at the Legion Hall on Motor View Road in Butte. Ham, vegetables, salads, cornbread, dinner rolls and desserts will be served. Cost for the dinner will be $6. Hall opens at 6 p.m.; dinner will be served at 6:30 p.m. Please join us as we enjoy dinner with our veterans. A short meeting will be held after the dinner.
- Overeaters Anonymous meets at 6:15 p.m. at Gold Hill Lutheran Church, 934 Placer St. Details: 406-533-5454.
- Women's AA meetings are at 6:30 p.m. at The Springs, 300 Mount Highland Drive.
- Preceptor Beta Chapter, Beta Sigma Phi, will join Xi Iota Chapter at the Fall Banquet which will be held at Sparky's. Cocktails are at 6:30 p.m. with dinner following at 7 p.m. Anyone donating items for the recipients of our Thanksgiving basket, please bring them to the dinner. Also, remember to bring your secret sister cards to be exchanged.
- Bingo is held at the Elks Lodge, Montana and Galena, at 7 p.m. All are welcome. The more people in attendance, the larger the payout. Details: 406-494-6614 or 406- 490-3329.
- Al-Anon meetings: 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Gold Hill Lutheran Church; 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Sharing and Caring, 2100 Farragut (rear entrance).
- Anaconda Sportsmen's Club will meet at 7 p.m. at the Anaconda AOH Hall. There will be nominations and an election of officers.
- The Dillon Kiwanis meet at noon at the Beaverhead Brewery, 218 S. Montana St., Dillon. Optometrist John Creger will talk about the new innovations and technology that yield better results for patients.