Thursday, Sept. 14
TECH CAREER FAIR
The 18th annual Montana Tech Career Fair runs from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the HPER Complex. Following the career fair, employers have the opportunity to conduct face-to-face interviews on Friday, September 15. Details: www.mtech.edu/career/employers/ Contact Career Services at 406-496-4140.h Raymond, director, Career Services, 406-496-4384.
A Diabetes Workshop starts at St. James Healthcare. This is a series of three classes from 9 to 11 a.m. Thursdays, Sept. 14, 21 and 28. People will learn all about aspects of diabetes management including preventing complications, how to begin an exercise program and how to form a meal plan without giving up your favorite foods. There is a cost for the workshop and insurance will be billed.
To register, call Ida at 406-723-2960.
FILM FESTIVAL IN BUTTE
The second Covellite International Film Festival will screen over 110 films over five and a half days, Sept. 12-17, at various venues throughout Butte. Venues include the Mother Lode Theater, 316 W. Park St.; the Covellite Theatre, 215 W. Broadway St.; Mountain View Music Hall, Montana and Quartz; the Salvation Army Building, 121 E. Broadway; The Original mineyard, Copper and Main; and more. Details: covellitefilmfest.org.
Spruce W. Schoenemann, University of Montana Western, Environmental Sciences Department, will give a lecture at 4 p.m. in Room 128, Natural Resources Building, Montana Tech. Schoenemann’s lecture is titled “Reconstructing Holocene Climate based on Alkenones and Isotopes from West Greenland Lake Sediments: Temperature or Effective Moisture as a Driver?”
AARP Smart Driving Course will be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Belmont Senior Center. This includes one hour for lunch. For details and to register call 406-723-7773.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- United Veterans Council meets at 7 p.m. at the Marine Corps League building, 525 Garden Ave.
- Butte Convention and Visitors Bureau will meet at noon in the Butte Chamber of Commerce, 1000 George St. Details: Maria Pochervina at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-723-3177.
- Rotary Club of Butte meets at noon at the Butte Country Club.
- Duplicate bridge is offered at the Hawthorne Community Center 3500 Whiteway, enter through the back. September schedule: Every Monday and Thursday at 1 p.m.
- Daughters of Isabella, Our Lady of Victory Circle, meets at 2 p.m. at St. Ann’s Hall.
- Al-Anon meetings: 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Sharing and Caring, 2100 Farragut (rear entrance).