The main office in Uptown Butte for NorthWestern Energy Co. was evacuated this morning due to a fire in the basement.

Some employees are now being let back into the building.

The fire started early Wednesday morning in the generator room in the sub-basement of the building at 40 E. Broadway, but is now out, according to spokesman Butch Larcombe. The call came into the Butte-Silver Bow Sheriff's office at 6:35 a.m.

Some 200 employees who work in the building are working form home or from other locations. It could be several hours before the building will be fully reopened, Larcombe said.

 

 

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.