Grand marshal nominations needed
The Butte America Foundation will again host Butte's St. Patrick's Day Parade, which begins at noon Saturday, March 17, in Historic Uptown Butte.
Nominations for the 2018 St. Patrick's Day Parade Grand Marshal is now open at this link: http://www.butteamericafoundation.org/grandmarshall2018/
Parade assembly begins at 10 a.m. at the Lexington Gardens (off Arizona on East Granite) and will be staged east on Granite, south on Covert and east on Broadway. All entries must be in place by 11:15 am. The parade route begins at the corner of Arizona and Granite, proceeding west on Granite to Montana, south on Montana to Park St., east on Park St. to Arizona where disassembly can begin.
Volunteer camp hosts needed
DILLON — The Forest Service is looking for volunteer camp hosts to help manage several campgrounds throughout the Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest for the upcoming 2018 camping season.
Volunteer camp hosts help forest visitors by providing information, cleaning amenities, and completing light maintenance. All supplies and equipment needed for the cleaning and maintenance are provided hookups. Hosts are needed Memorial Day through Labor Day. If you would like to be volunteer camp host but cannot stay for the entire season, an abbreviated season may be available at some locations.
Hosting opportunities are available at the following camp sites:
• Near Butte: Beaverdam, Lowland, Sheepshead, and Thompson Park (contact Jocelyn Dodge, 406-494-0246).
• Near Philipsburg: East Fork Reservoir or Spillway Campground (contact Otto Lehman, 406-859-3211, ext. 217).
• In the Big Hole and northern Pioneer Mountains Scenic Byway areas: Mussigbrod, May Creek, Little Joe, and Boulder Campgrounds (contact John Ericson, 406-832-3178).
• Along the Southern Pioneer Mountains Byway: Grasshopper Creek and Price Creek Campgrounds, (contact Matt Walter, 406-683-3958).
The hosts for Grasshopper Creek and Price Creek will also help with the administration and maintenance of the Crystal Park Day Use Site. Only the Grasshopper host site has hookups. If you are interested in hosting, contact one of the employees listed above, or go online to www.fs.usda.gov/bdnf, or www.volunteer.gov to find out more about volunteer opportunities.
Elk feed Saturday in Philipsburg
PHILIPSBURG — The 68th annual elk feed in Philipsburg is being held at 5 p.m. Saturday, March 3, in the new fire hall. This is an annual fundraiser to help the Philipsburg firemen keep their community safe.
This year chefs Joe Brabender and Dave Croft are preparing over 16 different types of elk roasts. A few menu items include Blue Cheese Rolled Elk Roast, Toasted Garlic Horse Radish Rolled Elk Roast, Mango Curry Rolled Elk Roast, Ratatouille with mushroom Rolled Elk Roast, Red Chili Teriyaki Rolled Elk Roast, and Maple Chipotle Rolled Elk Roast. Spaghetti, salads and desserts, as well as Philipsburg brews will also be offered.
The cost is $15 for adults; $5 for children 12 and under. Details: Jim Jenner, 406-531-2203.
Belmont weekly activities listed
The Belmont Senior Center at 615 E. Mercury St., is offering the following weekly activities. For more details, call 406-723-7773.
- AARP driving class will be Thursday, March 8. To sign up, call 406-723-7773.
- Tech nurses will hold be at the Belmont from 10:30 a.m. to noon Wednesdays
- Hearing aid cleaning will be from 10:30 a.m. to noon Wednesday, March 14. There is no charge.
- Diabetes series continues Tuesdays, March 6 and March 13.
- St. Patrick’s Day celebratory meal will be served Friday, March 16.
- Birthday/Easter lunch is Thursday, March 29. Bob will play.
- Sneakers on the Go is from 10 to 11 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The cost is $1.50 a session.
- Bingo is offered at 1 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. The cost is $1.25 plus extra for blackout.
- Foot clinic is $13, and is on Mondays and Thursdays. Call for an appointment at 406-782-8668.
- Woodcarvers meet at 8:30 a.m. every Thursday.
- Pinochle is at 1 p.m. Wednesdays. The cost is $1 plus 25 cents a set.
- Rides to medical appointments are available (only before noon). The rides are $5 for a round trip and $3 one way. For an appointment, call at least 24 hours in advance at 406-723-7773.