The Belmont Center for Senior Citizens, 615 E. Mercury St., serves lunches during the week.
The center requests a $4 donation; however, the meals costs $5.25 each to prepare. All seniors are welcome for lunch.
Salad bar offered at 11:45 a.m. Fridays. Meals also can be delivered to senior citizen shut-ins upon referral by a doctor or social service agency. Free, round-trip bus service is available.
Cinnamon rolls and coffee are served Tuesdays at 8 a.m. The cost is $1.
Monday, March 5 – Cheeseburger with trimmings, French fries, ambrosia salad, and coconut granola cake.
Tuesday, March 6 – Chicken strips, scalloped potatoes, California vegetables, root beer float and an ice cream dixie.
Wednesday, March 7 – Cream of broccoli soup, sloppy Joe sandwich, fruit jello salad, chips and strudel bites.
Thursday, March 8 – Pasty pie with gravy, coleslaw, mixed vegetables, and lemon blueberry bars.
Friday, March 9 – Salad bar, Swedish meatballs with pasta, green beans, dinner roll, and fruit cup.
The Belmont offers the following activities:
- AARP driving class will be Thursday, March 8. To sign up, call 406-723-7773.
- Tech nurses will hold be at the Belmont from 10:30 a.m. to noon Wednesdays
- Hearing aid cleaning will be from 10:30 a.m. to noon Wednesday, March 14.
- Diabetes series continues Tuesdays, March 6 and March 13.
- St. Patrick’s Day celebratory meal will be served Friday, March 16.
- Birthday/Easter lunch is Thursday, March 29. Bob will play.
- Sneakers on the Go is from 10 to 11 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The cost is $1.50 a session.
- Bingo is offered at 1 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. The cost is $1.25 plus extra for blackout.
- Foot clinic is $13. Call for an appointment at 406-782-8668.
- Woodcarvers meet at 8:30 a.m. every Thursday.
- Pinochle is at 1 p.m. Wednesdays. The cost is $1 plus 25 cents a set.
- Rides to medical appointments are available (only before noon). The rides are $5 for a round trip and $3 one way. For an appointment, call at least 24 hours in advance at 406-723-7773.