The Belmont Center for Senior Citizens, 615 E. Mercury St., serves lunches during the week.
The center requests a $4 donation; however, the meals costs $5.25 each to prepare. All seniors are welcome for lunch.
Salad bar offered at 11:45 a.m. Fridays. Meals also can be delivered to senior citizen shut-ins upon referral by a doctor or social service agency. Free, round trip bus service is available.
Cinnamon rolls and coffee are served Tuesdays at 8 a.m. The cost is $1.
Monday, Dec. 4 – Sweet and sour chicken over rice, stir fry vegetables, egg roll, fruit cocktail, and fortune cookie.
Tuesday, Dec. 5 – Ham, red potatoes, cabbage and carrots, and blueberry lemon bars.
Wednesday, Dec. 6 – Harvest turkey soup, sloppy Joe sandwich, three-bean salad, chips, and chocolate cake.
Thursday, Dec. 7 – Pork chops with gravy, mashed potatoes, Capri vegetables, and strawberry fruit jello.
Friday, Dec. 8 – Chicken strips with dipping sauce, rice-a-roni, green beans, and a fruit cup.
The Belmont offers the following activities:
- Come join the “Nerd Herd” Thursday, Dec. 7. They will gladly answer any computer and cell phone questions you have.
- AARP driving class will be Thursday, Dec. 14. To sign up, call 406-723-7773.
- The Belmont is closed Dec. 21-26 and on Dec. 29.
- Hearing aid cleaning will be from 10:30 a.m. to noon Wednesday, Dec. 13.
- Nurse Bev will hold blood pressure clinics from 11 a.m. to noon Friday, Dec. 8 and 15.
- Birthday/Christmas dinner is Wednesday, Dec. 20.
- Sneakers on the Go is from 10 to 11 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The cost is $1.50 a session.
- Bingo is offered at 1 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. The cost is $1.25 plus extra for blackout.
- Foot clinic is $13. Call for an appointment at 406-782-8668.
- Woodcarvers meet at 8:30 a.m. every Thursday.
- Pinochle is at 1 p.m. Wednesdays. The cost is $1 plus 25 cents a set.
- Rides to medical appointments are available (only before noon). The rides are $5 for a round trip and $3 one way. For an appointment, call at least 24 hours in advance at 406-723-7773.