BUTTE JUSTICE COURT
- Yancy Newbold, 42, of 3300 Kennedy, pleaded guilty July 28 to his third driving under the influence offense and for having an open container in the vehicle. He was fined $1,185.
- Cameron Carpenter, 19, of Great Falls, and Carolina Bara, 19, of 2620 Stuart, both recently pleaded guilty to being a minor in possession. Both people were fined $185.
BUTTE CITY COURTS MISCELLANEOUS FINES
- Markus Abad, 38, of 3218 Evans, pleaded guilty July 28 to criminal trespass to property, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest, and was fined $1,295. According to court documents, Abad unlawfully entered the property of the Public Housing Authority, was challenging others to fight, and threatened to use physical force against peace officers.
- Wayne Baltezar, 46, of 1246 Short, pleaded guilty July 22 to misdemeanor theft and forgery and was fined $1,110. According to court documents, Baltezar took checks belonging to another individual and wrote on them.
- Roy Stauss, 53, of 235 S. Dakota, pleaded guilty July 26 to criminal possession of dangerous drugs (marijuana) and criminal possession of drug paraphernalia (glass pipe) and was fined $1,110. Stauss also received a five-day jail sentence.
- Jacob Frye, 22, of 812 Waukesha, pleaded guilty July 27 to misdemeanor assault and was fined $555. According to court documents, Frey caused bodily injury to another individual.
- Barbara Emanuel, 49, of 530 S. Colorado, pleaded guilty July 22 to driving with a suspended driver's license and was fined $530. Emanuel also received a two-day jail sentence.
- Brenda King, 46, of 3901 Dexter, pleaded guilty July 22 to criminal mischief and was fined $555. According to court documents, King broke a bathroom window not her own. She must also make restitution.
- Joshua LaFournaise, 20, homeless, pleaded guilty July 26 to misdemeanor theft and was fined $555. According to court documents, LaFournaise took Mike's Hard Lemonade from Albertsons.
DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE
- Four people were recently fined for driving under the influence. All offenders must attend alcohol awareness class and seek treatment.
- Vernon Valdez, 20, of 1929 Thornton, pleaded guilty to his second offense and was fined $885. He was also fined $130 for failure to immediately stop at a property accident damage scene and must have an interlock system placed in his vehicle.
- Travis Raiha, 20, of 735 11th St., pleaded guilty July 22 and was fined $685. He also was fined $80 for careless driving.
- Charles Parks, 30, of 3130 Floral Blvd., pleaded guilty July 22 and was fined $685.
- Ryan Stosich, 31, of 317 Granite Mountain Road, pleaded guilty July 23 to a DUI per se, and was fined $685.
CRIMINAL POSSESSION OF DRUG PARAPHERNALIA
- Laura Ison, 43, of 134 W. Broadway, pleaded guilty July 21 to having a pipe in her possession and was fined $555.
- Michael Murberger, 44, of 501 W. Granite, pleaded guilty July 23 to having a pipe in his possession and was fined $555.