As Montana Tech begins the fall 2017 semester, it would like to provide an update on parking on the north campus.
The construction of the Living & Learning Center (LLC)/Student Success Center (SSC) across from the HPER has taken up a significant portion of the HPER’s main parking lot.
The primary loss of parking spots in the HPER lot are B permits, commuter students, and dedicated HPER visitor spots. Tech is making the following changes to accommodate the impact of this project:
• The gravel lot between the parking for Prospector Hall and the Natural Resource Research Center will be reserved for A parking only.
• The remaining south end of the HPER main lot will be reserved for B parking only.
• The gravel lot west of the HPER building has been expanded and marked for parking in order to achieve the most efficient layout. This lot will continue to expand and be improved as the LLC/SSC construction activity proceeds. This lot is for all permits and visitors.
• Tech has increased the number of B permit spots in the Library lot. This lot remains a combination of A and B parking.
• Tech is exploring design options for parking on the tennis courts west of the HPER. If the design is approved, Tech will stripe the pavement and modify the entrance for A permit parking and visitors.