The Belmont Center for Senior Citizens, 615 E. Mercury St., serves lunches during the week.
The center requests a $4 donation; however, the meals costs $5.25 each to prepare. All seniors are welcome for lunch.
Salad bar offered at 11:45 a.m. Fridays. Meals also can be delivered to senior citizen shut-ins upon referral by a doctor or social service agency. Free, round-trip bus service is available.
Cinnamon rolls and coffee are served Tuesdays at 8 a.m. The cost is $1.
Monday, April 16 – Sweet and sour chicken over rice, stir fry vegetables, egg roll, and pineapple upside down cake.
Tuesday, April 17 – Beef tips over buttered pasta, Scandinavian vegetables, cranberry muffin, pears and cookies.
Wednesday, April 18 – Chicken and rice soup, barbecued beef sandwich, sliced beets, pickle spear, chips and fruit parfait.
Thursday, April 19 – Birthday dinner: Truzzolino beef pasty with gravy, coleslaw, green beans, cake and ice cream.
Friday, April 20 – Salad bar, taco bar, Spanish rice, pinto beans, salsa, sour cream and a fruit cup.
The Belmont offers the following activities:
- Birthday lunch is Thursday, April 19. Bob plays.
- Sneakers on the Go is from 10 to 11 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The cost is $1.50 a session.
- Bingo is offered at 1 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. The cost is $1.25 plus extra for blackout.
- Foot clinic is $13. Call for an appointment at 406-782-8668.
- Woodcarvers meet at 8:30 a.m. every Thursday.
- New players welcome to join in and play pinochle from 1 to 4 p.m. Wednesdays. The cost is $1 plus 25 cents a set.
- Rides to medical appointments are available (only before noon). The rides are $5 for a round trip and $3 one way. For an appointment, call at least 24 hours in advance at 406-723-7773.