Want to help Butte’s less fortunate during the holidays? Consider the Mining City Christmas and Holiday Giving Program.
How can you help?
• Donate: Action Inc.’s Mining City Christmas and Holiday Giving Program is solely dependent on the generosity of donations from the community. The agency does not receive government funds for this program, nor does it use any donations for program costs. All monies received go directly to help families in need. Donations are tax deductible.
• Adopt-A-Family: By adopting one of the families, a group or individual agrees to buy food and gifts or gifts only for the family for Christmas. Families who are adopted are chosen from the giving tree at Action Inc. The giving tree contains a wish list of the family who is needing help this holiday season.
Applications and adoptions are accepted at Action Inc., 25 W. Silver St., Butte, MT 59701.
For more information, call 406-533-6842 or visit www.butteassistanceprograms.org.
Here are a few families for consideration:
1. An 11-year-old boy wants music, needs a winter coat, and like bikes. A 12-year-old boy wants a Nerf gun, needs a winter coat, and likes Legos. Reference #217.
2. A 5-year-old boy wants a train, needs snow pants and shoes, and likes Ninja Turtles. A 4-year-old boy wants a monster truck, needs new blankets and snow pants, and likes Batman and Spiderman. A 2-year-old boy wants a night light, needs jammies and snow pants, and likes Minions. A 1-year-old girl wants toys, needs snow pants and socks, and likes Trolls. Reference #224.
3. A family with a 12-year-old girl wants games, needs clothes, and likes active wear. Reference #202.