Firefighter icon fire

Several chickens and a young turkey were killed Tuesday when a coop near a house in a rural area off of Little Basin Creek Road caught fire, but no other structures were damaged, firefighters said.

Firefighters and trucks from the Little Basin Creek and Boulevard volunteer departments and Butte-Silver Bow responded to the call in the 200 block of Little Basin Creek Road at 1:17 p.m., a spokesman for the Little Basin Creek department said. When department Chief Jim Ross arrived, the coop was completely engulfed in flames.

A family member of the nearby household came home for lunch and saw the coop on fire, the spokesman said. Nobody else was home at the time.

Firefighters suspect that an electrical light used to keep the fowl warm started the fire. The coop was about 300 feet from the house.

0
0
0
0
1

Load comments