Several bingo fundraisers are being held in the Mining City during the next couple of weeks. They are listed below:
- Mining City Dance Company will hold its annual bingo fundraiser at 7 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 27, at the Elks Lodge, 206 W. Galena St. The cost is $5 for 10 games of bingo, and special games will also be played. There will be cash prizes, 50/50 tickets, silent auction, door prizes, and concessions. Proceeds go toward dance students competition fees.
- St. John’s and St. Joseph’s Catholic churches will sponsor their annual fundraising bingo at 2 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 28, at the Knights of Columbus, Park and Idaho. Prices for cards — three cards, 10 games, $5. There will also be a special which includes three cards for $6. More details: 406-782-8349.
- Bingo will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 8, at St. Ann’s Parish. Proceeds will go to St. James Auxiliary Club. Money raised will go to scholarships for medical background students. There will be 12 regular games of bingo and three special games. The evening includes prizes, cash prizes, 50/50 tickets. Snacks, water, and pop will be available.
- The Mini Maroon Parent Club will host the sixth annual Mini Maroon Parent Club Bingo Night at 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9, at the Maroon Activities Center, 550 E. Mercury St. Doors open at 6 p.m. A $5 donation buys a pack of seven games (three cards for every game) for a total of 21 cards. The concession stand will be open and a cash bar for drinks. Proceeds go toward classroom supplies and special program items needed at Butte Central preschool, elementary, junior high, high school, and Noah’s Ark Day Care. You must be 21 to play. Details: 406-491-2351 or 406-310-0221.
- The Butte Xi Iota Chapter of Beta Sigma Phi will host its annual bingo night, “Meet for Bingo, Bingo for Meat,” at 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 10, at the Butte Elks Lodge, Montana and Galena. Three bingo cards are $5. Proceeds go to Albert’s Angel Fund, Camp Mak-A-Dream and the Intermountain Children's Home. Admittance is free, but a canned good for the Butte Emergency Food Bank would be appreciated. Details: Jan Thorne, 406-498-0870.